.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Hazzn's Tish

Or: A Cantorial Student's Dispatches from his Outpost in Manhattan

Friday, April 07, 2006

Just call me Cassandra

I've been predicting for years that this would happen. I don't buy it for a second.

Hag sameah!

Oh, and don't actually call me "Cassandra." Really.


Blogger Mar Gavriel said...


Well, it's been years since Dayyan Veiss of the Eido Chareidis prohibited potatoes as being kitniyyôs.

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lawrence said...

You're kidding. How on earth can a potato be a kitniyya?

(Maybe that's a silly question. There's no accepted botanical classification of kitniyyot of which I'm aware, which means that anyone can call anything a kitniyya. Oh well.)

Friday, April 07, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger Bloom said...

Fastest growing halakhic category ever. How about water? How about chicken? Maybe, uhm, matzah?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Lawrence said...

I think the fastest growing halakhic category is currently rodefim, a class of people that now includes (I am told) every single member of the Israeli government who isn't Bibi. Then again, the people from whom I hear this are kinda scary.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Meredith said...

Frankly, I still want to know why it's ok for them to have a website.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home